In 2008 a mural for the apse wall was commissioned from local artist Lesly Holliday. The mural contains life-size figures of the Catholic Saints martyred for their faith between 1535 and 1679. Although there were numerous martyrs from this period, perhaps as many as 300, forty were chosen to be canonized on 25th October 1970 by His Holiness, Pope Paul VI.View Mural Minisite
Pulpit and panelling: The oak panelling to the sanctuary was commissioned in 2009 from Gregory Kildear – a local artisan. The oak pulpit replaced a stone one which had been removed in the 1980’s. The four front panels of the pulpit are decorated with the Four Evangelists: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John; beautifully painted by Lesly Holliday.
In 2013 the former baptistery, close to the main entrance of the church, was converted into a small day chapel. Once again, Gregory Kildear, was commissioned, and constructed from oak a small altar with three inset panels in the front; these have been filled with painted depictions of St Winifred, St Margaret, and St Ethelreada. All of the panels painted by Lesly Holliday; a further four depictions of female saints from the Anglo-Saxon period have been commissioned for the walls. The chapel opened for use in October.